MyNutriKids is now MySchoolBucks.com
District's online meal payment system has changed to mySchoolBucks.com
Nov. 19, 2012
The school district's meal pre-payment and account company for student meal accounts has changed from MyNutriKids to the new MySchoolBucks.com. The change should be seamless for families who already have accounts for their students and should appeal to even more families with its expanded features.
Why the change?
Our district's meal pre-payment and account monitoring company for your child's lunch account, Nutrikids, was recently purchased by a company called Heartland Payment Systems.
What does this mean for parents?
Parents will have access to all of the same great services that were previously available at MyNutrikids.com but will now instead access their child's account through www.mySchoolBucks.com.
If you were already registered with MyNutrikids...
You will be able to log in to mySchoolBucks.com with the same log-in information and will not need to register again with mySchoolBucks.com. There is no need to register again with mySchoolBucks.com. However, if you previously set-up low balance e-mail alerts in MyNutriKids.com, you will need to set those up again on mySchoolBucks.com. This information was not transferrable due to legal requirements. Visit the FAQ's page to learn how to make this change.
Payments may continue to be made via Visa, Mastercard, Discover, a debit card or an electronic check. However, there is no need to use PayPal or any other third party service with mySchoolBucks. If you have already created an account through PayPal, it may still be used with other participating websites or canceled by going to PayPal.
To use the online prepayment service, a convenience fee of $1.95 per deposit transaction will be assessed to cover bank fees. Parents depositing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Students will receive a bonus meal for every $30 deposited online, which helps defray the $1.95 transaction fee. Watervliet will not profit from the use of this site.
If you do not currently have a MyNutrikids.com account...
Now is the perfect time to sign up with mySchoolBucks.com! The site offers the ability to schedule recurring payments, make automatic deposits when account balances run low, review your child's 90-day purchase history and receive low balance e-mail notifications.
To create an account, please follow these instructions:
• Go to https://www.myschoolbucks.com/
• Select "New York" from the State/Providence drop-down menu. Click continue.
• Select "Watervliet City School District" from the drop-down menu. Click continue.
• Enter your personal contact information. Click continue.
• Create your User Name and Password. Click continue. Your account will be created.
• Set up automatic recurring payments
To add your child to your account:
You will need your child's 9-digit student ID number, which can be found on the parent portal, or on a child's report card, student progress report and/or transcript. If you cannot locate it, please contact the main office of your child's school.
• Select "Getting Started" from the menu on the left side of web page.
• Go to "Step 1" to look up your children.
• Select your child's school from the drop down menu.
• Type in your child's First and Last Name, and Student ID number.
• Click "Find Student"
• Your child's information will appear, and you may now add them to your account.
For more information, visit the FAQ's page or contact Food Services Director Darryl Whited at (518) 629-3261.
MySchoolBucks.com offers more than just payment services for child's breakfast and lunch account; here are some of the benefits available through the website:
Benefits to parents:
• Set up automatic recurring payments
• Automatically add money to a student's account when the balance runs low
• Low balance email notifications
• Ability to view purchases for the past 90 days
• MyNutrition will be available to parents within the MySchoolBucks website.